- Nothing less than exceptional
quality is good enough.
15 Reasons our Clients love our 3D Subdivisions
Our consultants are experts in subdivisions. Clients love seeing their vision come to life and with our engineers using Civil 3D Software it’s easy for all stakeholders to participate.
We counted 15 reasons our clients love our 3D Subdivisions:
- Three dimensional models are visually appealing – Civil 3D enables us to create fully integrated models and design subdivisions in full 3D
- We produce plans with rich detail – plans that are survey-accurate and include all existing services, land contours, current features – and you can view these from any angle. For spatial understanding and concept design nothing beats a great 3D model
- The model is extremely cost effective as everything is included in one single model and is usually ‘owned’ by one of our Senior 3D Technicians
- Clients love it because there is one single design register for all the civil design aspects of a plan
- Our other consultants and engineers can work on the model, quickly extracting the piece of information or area they need to focus on, streamlining the design process. For example roading engineers and stormwater specialists can work concurrently
- Full integration means that any changes can be quickly actioned by team members. Changes to the design and annotation are automatically reflected throughout the model for quick and efficient visualisations that remain in sync as we make design changes at any stage of the process. For example if a stormwater engineer decides to move a manhole they can easily see if the change will affect other services, trees, buildings etc.
- = No design conflicts, saving time, saving money and reducing frustration
- Complexity – large land developments can be extremely complex with numerous services all over the site. The beauty of Civil 3D means we can see the whole property and also drill into detailed areas to ensure it all works together seamlessly
- Engineering drawings are produced from our 3D models which ensures consistency, highly accurate information and professional quality control
- We can easily show long sections and cross sections and submit these to Council for resource consents and engineering approvals
- Once we have stakeholders’ sign-off we can send these to sub-contractors to start the land development process which can be used right the way through from initial discussions to design, and then on-site earthworks to final construction
- Civil 3D schedules of quantities can be used to enable calculation of construction costs and QS needs
- Depending on the project phase and our clients’ needs we can bring in data from other designs, such as architecture, to create fully integrated 3D model of the entire development
- Modelling offers the ability to say ‘What if?’ We can look at different scenarios, we can see what design changes will mean for the overall development look, cost and plans
- Built on the AutoCAD platform the models are compatible with many other design packages that professional land development consultants use
Chris Shortt, Civil Engineering Team Leader, said “We love Civil 3D. Our surveyors, civil engineers and structural engineers all use the same programmes which work seamlessly with 12D for processing data and Revit for structural engineering. Right from the start we use the land survey, review the existing land form, services and features and we can then start designing subdivisions in a fully 3D integrated model.
We have plenty of experience, as our consultants have completed over 1000 subdivisions. Most land developments change as plans progress, so the advantage of using a 3D model is that instead of going right back to the drawing board, our clients can make decisions and improvements as we progress, which can be built into the model at the time. The models are also very handy in staged developments as we can work on one piece at a time.”
Read more about subdivisions:
Or contact us and we’ll be happy to help