We are pleased to announce that Envivo’s Open Spaces team has been engaged by Auckland Council to work on the $16 million Ōtāhuhu Town Centre upgrade works which commenced last month.
Project outcomes include:
- Revitalising the commercial main street of the Town Centre through the creation of high quality pedestrian environments;
- Creating gathering spaces in the form of upgraded Criterion Square, and new gateway spaces as a ‘front door’ to the town centre;
- Integration of cultural and historic narratives into the design;
- Improving amenities for pedestrians and cyclists including: signalisation of Princes Street intersection – construction of a new shared walking/cycling path between the town centre, Community Centre and Ōtāhuhu Station;
- Greening of the town centre with new street trees and rain gardens; and
- Improving the quality of stormwater runoff, resolution of existing flooding issues and future-proofing/repair of stormwater pipe network. Source: Auckland Council
Envivo has been involved in the transformation of Ōtāhuhu Town Centre since 2016 when initial concept designs were developed. This exciting urban regeneration project is expected to be completed in over a year’s time.
Find out more about how our Open Spaces team can assist your next project.
For more information on the Ōtāhuhu Town Centre upgrade, please visit:
Photo credit: Auckland Council and Ōtāhuhu and Districts Historical Society