The 139 Greys Avenue project is a redevelopment of the central Auckland site for Kāinga Ora. Upon completion, it will be the largest single-building social housing complex in the country representing Kainga Ora’s vision to provide connection, community and wellbeing – all in one place.
The existing building was no longer fit for purpose and did not suit the needs of Kainga Ora’s tenants. Envivo was engaged after the preliminary design was completed, to assist in taking the project through developed, then detailed design to construction completion. Envivo’s scope of services on the project covers the full suite of civil engineering services including:
- Earthworks modelling and design, in close collaboration with the project geotechnical engineer
- 3 waters design for water supply, wastewater and stormwater, including mitigation and management in close collaboration with the building services engineer
- Design of driveway, car parking and vehicle ingress/egress to the development
- Reshaping of the existing public footpath (Greys Ave) to integrate with the building frontage
- Design of new overland flow path to manage existing flows around building footprint
The development has been designed with strong sustainability drivers in mind and will have a 6-star homestar rating.