Auckland council has updated their GIS (Geographical Information Systems) to include flood hazard mapping.
What does this mean for you? If you are designing any structure that is within a flood area it would be worthwhile talking to an engineer who can advise whether a flood assessment report is needed.
Chris Shortt said “The flood information isn’t as scary as it looks and often a quick review and report is more than adequate to meet council requirements. Our engineers have been involved in numerous assessments over the past few years and can guide you through the process, smoothing the way for resource consents and building consents.” Envivo’s engineers are highly experienced in all water issues – stormwater, waste water and water supply and re-use. To find out if your property is in a potential flood area you can check out the Auckland Council online GIS viewer or contact our friendly staff who will be happy to assist.
- Renovating? Your architect will need property information – we can help
- Herne Bay Stormwater Solutions
- Stormwater solutions for driveways
- Auckland Flood Surveying
- Stormwater solutions solve resource consent issues project example
- Renovating? Your architect will need property information, we can help!
- South 83 Papakura Apartments Planning Success
- Survey of Stormwater Assets for Auckland Council
Read more about our surveying services click here
You might be interested in the NZ Herald story: Auckland Region has 52,000 Properties Sitting in a Flood Plain