Client: Bledisloe Park Sports Centre
130 Queen Street, Pukekohe
Cost: $2.25 million
Commenced August 2015
The new Bledisloe Park Sports Centre for the resident Pukekohe Association Football Club (AFC) and Pukekohe-Metro Cricket Club is almost complete.
Pacific Environments Architects designed the new club house to fit the brief perfectly, providing a practical, highly functional building that is also cost-effective within the agreed budget. The simple but stylish design includes downstairs changing rooms and a corner tuck-shop that opens to the grounds. Upstairs are a range of rooms including a bar and restaurant, offices, meeting and event rooms and all are planned for disabled accessibility (including a lift). The design takes full advantage of the view from the club rooms and includes a generous balcony area overlooking the playing fields.
The field needed earthworks prior to construction to ensure the infill and site would be robust enough to structurally support the new multi-sport clubrooms. The ground level is constructed from masonry blocks, with steel portal frames supporting the upper level.
Rob Walsham, Principal Structural Engineer, said “Since day one we focused on delivering a very cost-effective solution as well as keeping up with a high quality solution. We made sure the project ran smoothly. We were very conscious of cost-control and all stakeholders were good at communicating and working together to provide an excellent multi-sports venue for the Bledisloe Park Sports Centre.”
Our engineers provided structural engineering services:
- Review of preliminary architectural drawings
- Preliminary Structural Design Scheme
- Review of geotechnical report and liaison with geotechnical engineer to establish design parameters and methodology for foundations and retaining walls
- Preliminary analysis of main structural components i.e. the foundations, suspended floor over the changing and storage rooms, new roof, walls, stairs, lift shaft and bracing elements
- Scheme design sketches showing principal structural members, foundation elements, and location and type of bracing elements
- Detailed structural calculations for all structural elements and connections
- CAD drawings for all structural details, connections and bracing members
- Revisions as requested by client/architect
- Producer statement PS1 for building consent application
- Liaison with Council and Peer Reviewer (PS2)
- Provide tender drawings, liaise with tenderers, issued construction phase drawings to contractor
- Construction Phase Services
- Attendance of site meetings
- Review of shop drawings
- Liaison with contractor and additional sketch details as required to resolve construction issues
- Site services with and final producer statement (construction review)
Read more about our structural and civil engineering services.