Envivo engineers and surveyors are working on the Mount Albert Town Centre upgrade. The area will be transformed into a fresh, rejuvenated hub with:
- More trees, landscaped garden areas, and a pocket park on the corner of Mt Albert and New North Roads
- Better lighting and signage
- An activity zone between the footpath and the cycleway to encourage on street dining
- A wider, consistent footpath width through the town centre with new street furniture, and drinking fountain
- A new pedestrian crossing
- A raised cycleway, new cycle racks and improved connections through the town centre
- Upgraded bus shelters, seating and a wider footpath improving connections between bus and rail, including the Outer Link to the Western Line
- improved management of stormwater run-off through increased planting and landscape design with treatment of water to in-ground soakage
This design & build contract by John Fillmore Contractors, and design led by Boffa Miskell, with Envivo providing Civil and Structural engineering and topographical and 3D laser scanning.
Tony Smith, Principal Engineer said,” the project had design challenges, which were overcome with active involvement from the design/build team and also Auckland Council and Auckland Transport. It is immensely satisfying, when a conceptual design, which is developed to fulfill community aspirations comes to fruition.”
Our civil engineers, structural engineers and surveyors have provided:
- Concept Design
- Topographical survey including laser scanning
- Detailed Design
- Pavement Testing briefing
- Pavement Design
- Water Main Replacement
- Construction Monitoring
The upgrade is expected to be completed in February 2018, while the major works commenced earlier this year.
Envivo are experts in engineering streetscapes in the CBD having completed many high profile public amenities, streetscapes and shared spaces.