Otahuhu College’s new three-level science block was created by the Envivo engineering team. The building features nine fully-equipped laboratories and opened early in 2016 for the beginning of the school year.
Working with Eclipse Architecture our team provided the structural and civil design and oversaw the construction.
Our engineers provided:
- Initial infrastructure investigation and assessment to ensure that new storm water and waste water discharge could be handled by the existing infrastructure network.
- Design of the new science block with laboratories and flexi room spaces. The plan included a balcony along one side of the building serviced by stairs at each end and a single lift.
- Excavation and site works plans
- Structural engineering plans for the new block incorporating steel framework, concrete masonry and structural timber design
- Civil works plans including drainage, services, shaping and topsoiling
Most importantly, when working on a school project is that the work is carried out to cause the least inconvenience to school operations, neighbours and the public as is reasonably possible. Our teams have undertaken plenty of school projects and are sensitive to the constraints of working within an educational environment.
Click here for more school projects, read more about our Project Management services.
Read more about our experience with schools and some recent large educational projects include:
- Edendale primary School, Balmoral – click here to read more
- St Thomas’s School – click here to read more
- Surfdale schools, Waiheke Island – click here
- Clayton Park Primary School, Wattle Downs – click here